La Dolce Vita Wine Tours offers private, custom tours for groups of 2 to 30+. Geographically, we can generally provide tours in the regions that we visit on our regular tours. Because we are a wine tour company and because wineries are in the countryside, our expertise is the countryside. We do not plan trips in the major cities, such as Rome, Venice, and Florence, though we will offers suggestions about hotels and restaurants if our wine tours begin or end there.
Our custom tours generally fall into two types:
1) Fully escorted tours, which resemble our public tours in that they include hotels, meals, and a full-time guide. Most of the itineraries posted on this website can be booked as private, custom departures. In general, we recommend that you look at these day-by-day itineraries as a springboard for discussion about a tailor-made custom tour.
2) Day trips or a series of day trips, which include only daytime service and do not include dinners or hotel.
ACTIVITIES: We work closely with clients to create a tour that is in keeping with their interests. Some prefer wine-intensive tours. Others prefer to fold in cultural, historic, or culinary activities. These might include:
• A guided town of historic towns, like Verona, Turin, or Palermo
• A hands-on cooking lesson
• Visits to an artisan cheese farm or olive oil press
• A truffle hunting demo
BIKE TOURS: All our bike tours are custom departures. See the bike tours pages for further details and sample itineraries.
TRANSPORTATION: Small groups (up to 8) travel in an air-conditioned 9-seat mini-van. Larger groups use either a mini-bus or two mini-vans.
PRICE: The final price depends on a number of variables. These include:
- Number of participants
- Inclusion/Exclusion of meals & hotels
- Level of accommodations
- Cooking lessons or other special activities
Planning ahead provides the best results and the most options for accommodations and dates. Contact: info [at] dolcetours [dot] com or 888-746-0022.
We just returned from our second trip with La Dolce Vita, and we are still in afterglow. Our return visit was as spectacular as the first. Our visit to Piemonte was full of amazing wine, incredible food, and of course the friendship and guidance of our guide turned friend Claudio. You are now officially part of the High Point Oenological Society. Grazie mille.– John Walker, High Point, NC
Pat and Claudio were warm, friendly, and the perfect teachers with a plethora of knowledge about Italy and the wines produced there. Thank you for the time and effort you put into our tour. You made it a trip of a lifetime.– Kim Thomas, Indianapolis
Words fail to describe how unbelievable a trip this was! Wine, food, art, culture, history...the list of great things never ends!– Lee Bunemann, High Point, NC
Pat and Claudio were great instructors in a cram course on enology, viticulture, microclimates, production techniques, food pairing, wine history, and the wine families of Tuscany and Piedmont. More than that, they became our friends.– Jeffrey Westcott, Maple Valley, WA